Victorian Tumblr Themes
Next Page

Femme-fucking-tastic


riskpig:

Lupita: The Disney princess I need.


hartorotica:

"I’m pregnant."

"Wh-what were you thinking? Why you have to have another baby? You just had two! So why, why, why - this is exasperating."


lee pace filmography


blackbeanbanshee:

coincidence?¿

casual-isms:

http://www.samefacts.com/2014/05/culture-and-civil-society/unlearning-how-white-people-ask-personal-questions/



tiger-ly:

Nicki Minaj is an excellent and dynamic rapper, lyrically and stylistically, she’s topped charts in a male dominated space, she started from the absolute bottom and knows how to hustle and work her image, I don’t care whether you care for her style of music or not but if you dismiss her as a trash artist I’m gonna heavily side eye you




uniquelyevil:

This is adorable


tigermisu:

There’s this guy that rants everyday about how everyone is sinners at our college and someone made a bingo game to go along with him today

ted:

image

Pheromones. Moths. Poo. Today’s TED Talk from smell expert Tristram Wyatt has everything. Watch it to learn about scientists’ fascinating search for pheromones across the animal kingdom, but before you do — some fun facts about your sense of smell:

  1. Smell is the first sense you use when you’re born

  2. Your body has about 400 different kinds of smell receptors, and 40 million different smell neurons. Plus, one out of every 50 genes is dedicated to smell. That’s a lot.

  3. As an adult, you can distinguish about 10,000 different smells. Dog poo. Fresh-baked cookies. 9,998 others.

  4. Bombykol was the very first sex pheromone to be identified. It’s a chemical that female silk moths emit to attract male mates. 

  5. You can thank puberty for smelly socks. Humans have two types of sweat glands — eccrine and apocrine. Apocrine glands are the smelly ones, and these guys start up when you hit puberty.

  6. Up until the age of 4, any smell — no matter how gross to adults — is merely interesting to children. That explains a lot.

  7. About 25% of the population is subject to the phenomenon of “asparagus pee.” The other 75% doesn’t notice a thing.

  8. Anosmia is the lack of a sense of smell. Fun fact: The person writing this is anosmic. Irony!

  9. A dog’s olfactory epithelium — a path of skin key to smell — is 20 times bigger than a human’s. And still they sniff each other’s butts. 

  10. Smell may help babies learn to breastfeed. Here’s why. 

Learn more in today’s talk »

Extra credit: Watch a fascinating TED-Ed animation on how we smell »



coughdropsforcosima:

(I originally wrote this for my blog, but decided to post this on tumblr as well. Happy reading.)

The other day, the new series of Doctor  Who aired on the BBC and in cinemas across the world. I would be lying if I said I didn’t go into the episode without any reservations whatsoever, but I did try my best to keep an open mind.

There were many eye rolls to be had. At times I wanted to punch the screen. And yet other times I wanted to punch something else, like the screenwriter himself perhaps.

Obligatory spoiler warning: do not read on if you haven’t watched the episode yet or care about being spoilered. Sorry, this is fairly long (if only I could write essays this extensive…)

Read More




Black | Zuhair Murad - Resort 2015


itsdivaduh:

chescaleigh:

Source (x)

WOW.

WOWWWW

rneerkat:

“i bet you cant name two structures that can hold water!” “well, dam”




takealookatyourlife:

I have incorrectly been saying ‘burqa’ when I meant ‘niqab’ for maybe my whole life.




Hey I'm Sammy, a femme, white, cis, straight feminist. This blog is a collection of the things that I like (beware - I like a lot of things and am not spoiler free).





Powered By: Tumblr Themes | Facebook Covers